- 3-4 carrots (peeled and washed)
- 1 cauliflower or broccoli (washed and stem removed)
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1-2 zucchinis
- 3 chopped garlic cloves (or more, I use lots because I love to kiss my husband with garlic breath)
- 1-4 tomatoes (if you have any extra on hand, can be omitted)
- bottle of pureed tomatoes (bought it at costco, or use a can of tomatoes)
- steam carrots and cauliflower until cooked
- fry onions in large sauce pan until translucent, add garlic, mushrooms, zucchini.
- add the steamed veggies and tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar. mix it all up and cook for a couple minutes
- add the bottle of pureed tomatoes, mix.
- use a hand-blender and puree all the veggies
- add the ground beef, mix
- cook on low for 20 minutes
- serve over pasta (spaghetti, ravioli, macaroni, whatever!)
Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Spinach would be another great healthy choice to add.
I added about 1-lb of extra lean ground beef. it cooks in the sauce. you could add meatballs, or ground turkey or ground chicken. We’re meat eaters here.